Monday, March 2, 2009

CHILDHOOD BEDROOM

Describe your childhood bedroom. What was the view from your window?

One place we lived was a double house, another family with children my age lived on the other side. We poked a hole in the plaster so we could talk at bedtime. The window faced an alley. They had a window next to ours (second floor). We would put an Easter basket on a heavy string, put something in the basket and swing it to their window. (Bedtime?) (New Hampshire).

Another place, my bedroom window facing a riding stable across the road. I didn't look out it much as a teenager because it was dark at bedtime and I always get a better view downstairs (Cuba, NY)


(This was the home that all of us kids knew where it was because every time we drove by, mom would say that "I used to live there". Also, it was/is the ugliest house on the road in Cuba.)

No comments:

Post a Comment