Tuesday, March 10, 2009

FAMILY FINANCES

WHAT WERE YOUR FAMILY FINANCES LIKE WHEN YOU WERE GROWING UP? HOW DID THAT AFFECT YOU?

Finances weren't the best but we never went hungry and had clothes on our backs. Dad was intelligent and learned to save some if possible, so he never financed anything. Pay or go without!

He made us fairly comfortable considering others.

I remember having holes on the bottom of my shoes. Dad cemented new holes on the bottom each night. During the course of the day, they came loose, front to back. I walked flapping at every step and he cemented them again that night. When they came comlpetely off, I walked with the holes. My socks all had a big hole on the bottom of them.

We were poorer than we knew, but dad tried to meet the real desires of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment