Monday, March 2, 2009

FAVORITE PAST-TIME

What was your favorite pasttime as a child? Did you prefer doing it alone or with someone else?

I was 4 years old, younger than my closest in age sister, and our lives didn't go along the same line. I was an introvert, so my friends were few although I did have friends.

I guess playing house was my favorite pasttime. I had quite a bit of toy furniture; i.e. kitchen cabinet, table, straight chairs, rocking chair, a couple doll cribs, etc. My neighborhood friends would come help me dispurse them into rooms. We would scrape up what tidbits our mothers would give us; i.e. crackers, cheese, etc. One girl's folks mother always gave her money for candy. So, we went to the store and bought penny candy that had the most pieces. We had tea parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment