Wednesday, March 4, 2009

LIVING ROOM

DESCRIBE WHAT THE FAMILY LIVING ROOM LOOKED LIKE WHEN YOU WERE A CHILD.

Our couch had no back, but pillows for a back. It could be pulled out for a double bed. We had a very heavy built rocker which I think Aunt Velma still has. Sturdy! I remember our first radio which sat on a stand. We all sat around to hear it.

My dad, being an electrical whiz, hooked it up so (his bedroom was on the other side of the wall) that he could speak through the radio. It was near Christmas and he pretended to be Santa Claus, talking to me. I was mystified until I found out it was him.

I had to take my afternoon nap on the couch. I remember trying to lay so still with my eyes closed. When eternity passed, I would stretch and say what a good nap I had. Mother would say "go to sleep". How did she know?

No comments:

Post a Comment