Tuesday, March 10, 2009

FIRST DATE - FIRST KISS

WHEN DID YOU HAVE YOUR FIRST DATE? TELL ME ABOUT IT. WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER ABOUT YOUR FIRST KISS?

I dated very little as my dad felt we should go through college and be established in a job before we looked at the opposite sex. Boy, was he mislead!

My first date with grandpa I guess you could say: my senior class sponsored a round & square dance, towards our senior trip. Gramps was newly saved, so hadn't given up dancing. I helped take tickets at the door, as my boyfriend then was in the Navy. Gramps had been "playing the field". So when he came through alone, I opened my mouth. "Well, who is it going to be tonight?" He looked me up and down and said "Well, just wait and see." When he left, the other girls really razzed me. After the half, no more tickets are needed. He asked me to square dance (we never round danced). I accepted and danced all the square dances the rest of the night.

He offered to take me home. I accepted for we lived just outside town limits, 6 houses beyond street lights, at 1:00 a.m. and drunks were known to be laying around at times. I jumped out of the car quick and said "Thanks!"

That week, he asked me to the movies. He had been such a gentleman, I accepted. He put his arm around me, a warm feeling and nice! I spent the night with Uncle Bob and Aunt Velma so dad wouldn't know I was dating. Dad kissed me before I went in! Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment